Sunday, January 13, 2013

First Haircut

I had avoided getting Alex's first haircut.  I knew he would look older once we did it and I wasn't ready for him to look like a toddler.  But really his hair was getting too long.  And after his uncles said it looked a little too "business in the front, party in the back", we knew it was time.

I wasn't brave enough to try the job myself.  He's so squirmy, wanting to get his hands on everything, that I wasn't very confident about having a scissors in my hands.  (This is also making taking pictures a lot more difficult.  As soon as he sees the camera, he wants to play with it.)  So we went to The Barbershop.  I had called ahead and made an appointment and asked for someone who was good with squirmy one-year-olds.  We got Jordan.  And she was great.  She certainly had her work cut out for her.  Alex thought it was a torture session.  I have no idea how she ever cut it evenly - but she did!  Our apologies to all of the other patrons in the shop. 

In the end, he does look a little older, but he just looks so handsome!  I love it. 

Before


I thought one of us would hold him while the other took pictures.  That lasted about two minutes.
 
We of course brought a few items to entertain him.

But really most of the appointment went like this....

In the end, I think it turned out well.



Later in the day - a lot happier. 

It looks so cute in the back.





No comments:

Post a Comment